Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Finally Spring

"Happiness"
colored pencil
9" x 12"

I got sidetracked from the colored pencil drawing that I was working on. Daffodils finally began blooming in my yard two weeks ago. I set up this little still life, including a glass "Bluebird of Happiness" that I purchased last year from Terra Studios. (Terra Studios has been making these little birds since 1975! http://www.terrastudios.com/ ) I usually don't have so many different colors going on in one still life, but I loved how the little striped kitchen towel repeats all of the colors from the bird, flowers, and nectarines.

2 comments:

CBaker said...

This is what you were working on when we came into the Batesville Arts Council gallery a few weeks ago. Loved it! I want a print of this when you get them.
Cecilia Baker

Sheila Cantrell said...

Thanks Cecilia! I haven't decided if I'll get prints of this one or not, but if I do then I'll put some at the Main street gallery.