Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Smaller stuff

"The Sentinel"
colored pencil
12" x 8"

"The Guardian"
colored pencil
7" x 12"


Here's my latest two colored pencil drawings. Both of these will be in the December small works show at M. A. Doran Gallery in Tulsa later this year. I seem to have been doing a lot of these complementary color schemes in my still life setups lately. I found the little upright English pitcher in "The Sentinel" on ebay earlier this year and had been looking forward to drawing it. At first I tried putting some purple plums with it, but that big orange spot in the middle of the purple flower just kept saying, "No! More orange, please!". So, I remembered the little orange clementines in my fridge, placed them there, and threw up some blue fabric on the wall behind my setup. And voila! Here it is.



No comments: