Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Rethinking it all

Simple Pleasures
Colored Pencil
20" x 20"

It's been five months since my last posts. For those of you who may have been following this blog and wondering what became of me - well, I've been right here all along. I simply haven't been painting and since the original idea for this blog was to follow my progression from pencil artist to painter, then there wasn't anything to blog about.

Turns out, I still love having a pencil in my hand. I've continued to grow and develop as a colored pencil artist. I continue to be amazed and inspired by what other colored pencil artists are achieving in the medium. I also have been missing my first love - graphite. I still hope to master oils, but I've realized it's going to take more hours in the studio since cloning myself is still not a viable option. I'm just not ready to give up pencil!

So, with that in mind, I've renamed my blog and plan for this to be perhaps not a daily blog, but it least a weekly blog of my efforts as an artist. Note the name "Marks and Strokes" - I'm leaving the studio door wide open. Pencils or brush, I just plan to continue to follow my vision and create.

No comments: