Saturday, March 28, 2009

"Sunset/Sunrise"
Colored pencil, 6 3/4" x 10 1/2"
Copyright 2009 Sheila Cantrell

Here's a landscape that I did recently. I bought a little Canon SD camera last year. I have a larger Canon Rebel digital camera that I use quite a bit, but I wanted this little digital camera because it fits nicely in my purse. Although I fit the category of "stay at home mom", it seems that I'm on the road a lot. I've really enjoyed having my little camera handy to grab pictures like this when I come across them. I'm getting a stockpile of landscape photo references. This little drawing was fun to do. I think that I'll be doing more landscapes this year thanks to my little Canon.

I just learned yesterday that I've been selected as one of the artists to display work at the Rockefeller Institute's Arts in the Air Exhibit this coming May. The exhibit will be held at the Rockefeller Institute on Petit Jean Mountain here in Arkansas. I'll have around six works in the show including the landscape pictured above.

1 comment:

Nancy Cantrell said...

Absolutely beautiful just like the artist.