Sunday, November 1, 2009

Itty Bitty Paintings

"McIntosh Apples"
oil on canvas paper
2 1/2" x 3 1/2"

"Red and Green Apples"
oil on canvas paper
2 1/2" x 3 1/2"

"Cheesecake"
oil on canvas paper
2 1/2" x 3 1/2"

I laid down my pencils and picked up my brushes for a change of pace this last week. As a result, I had a great time painting some little ACEO cards. ("ACEO" stands for Art Cards Editions and Originals. ACEOs are the size of a baseball card. They are a fun, easy and affordable way to collect original pieces of art.) I got inspired by looking around at some of the great ACEO art offered on ebay. Yeah - there's tons of not-so-great stuff there, but there is also some really good work if you look for it. Just do a search for seller "alabama_artist" or seller "thisthatthose" for two good examples.

While you're there - here's a link to my own seller page ("drawntoart")

No comments: