Monday, April 19, 2010

More Flowers

"Petite Bouquet"
10" x 8"
oil on linen

Here's another flower painting that I finished last week. I've been waiting for it to dry enough to spray varnish and then get a photo. It's off to the framer's tomorrow and then off to Tulsa the next week for the Contemporary National Realism show at M. A. Doran Gallery.

I'm busy working on "agricultural" art right now for a show at the Rockefeller Institute in July. Getting close to being done on a fairly large graphite drawing of a basket of apples with one of my favorite drawnwork scarves. Lots of intricate lace work on the scarf. It seemed like I was on the home stretch, but I made the mistake of measuring last night. I have about an 8" x 8" square left to draw. That's 64 square inches - now it seems like a lot. I'm determined to finish it by end of day tomorrow though...

No comments: