Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Hydrangea Work In Progress

"Tea and Hydrangeas" - work in progress

I thought that I'd post a picture of my progress on the hydrangea drawing. I'm hoping to finish the flowers tomorrow and start in on the tea cup. I'm really looking forward to getting to the bottom half of the drawing - there's lots of battenburg lace down there. I'm looking forward to drawing the lace. It'll be a welcome change from those flower petals!

I was very pleased with how the silver bowl turned out. The bottom half of the bowl is reflecting the cloth. It should make more visual sense once the cloth is evident in the drawing. I just really enjoy drawing round things - guess that explains why 95% of my still life setups have fruit or round pieces of pottery in them.

4 comments:

SumagiSensei said...

wow its comming along soo well! i cant wait to see the finished peice!! ^.^

Sheila Cantrell said...

Thanks Ariel! I'll post another work-in-progress picture soon.

Ruth Steinfatt said...

I am delighted to have stumbled on your blog..beautiful!

I am a watercolorist who has coloured pencils in my drawer waiting for me to try.

Your work has inspired me :)

Sheila Cantrell said...

Thanks Ruth! Good luck with the colored pencils. I've not tried it myself, but I know from other artists that the colored pencils and watercolors work well together.