Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Looking Up

"Lines in the Sky"
11" x 14"
oil on canvas

As I stated in my last post, although I have a renewed interest in working in graphite, I am still painting.  One thing that I've always wanted to do is to explore painting cloudscapes. I have a small canon camera that basically goes everywhere I do, and my favorite thing to photography is the ever changing skies here in Arkansas. It's quite possible that I have more cloud reference photos than any other still life artist!

So, I've decided that this is as good a time as any to start painting some cloudscapes. I feel that it will give me a balance of sorts with the graphite still lifes that I am also creating.  Above is one of my first cloud paintings.  For the present, I plan on offering these sky studies on eBay.

No comments: