Monday, August 20, 2007

Welcome!

Welcome to the start-up of my blog. My name is Sheila Cantrell. I am a self-taught artist. I started out with graphite and then moved on to color pencil. For the last year or so, I've been kind of playing "footsie" with oils - messing around with them just a little and then going back to the comfort of the familiar pencils. It is my intention - I stress intention - to hop on the "painting a day" bandwagon and use this blog site to display my daily paintings. I'm hoping for encouragement from my readers, as well as perhaps inspiring a few others to plunge into whatever worthwhile pursuits you've been postponing.

Don't expect seven new paintings a week! I love art and it's a big part of my life, but it's one of many plates that I try to keep spinning. (Remember the circus act where the guy keeps all those plates spinning on the little skinny sticks?) Anyway... check back and hopefully I'll be displaying 3-4 new ones a week. In addition, there will also be colored pencil artwork, perhaps some work-in-progress photos, as well as musings on those other plates in my life...

No comments: