Monday, September 17, 2007

Apple Pair and the Bosque

Apple Pair
Copyright 2007 Sheila Cantrell
SOLD

I'm back at home after my fourth weekend in a row out-of-town. My life is usually of the home-body variety, but we've just had an usually active month. This past Saturday night, I had the pleasure of attending the Bosque Conservatory Art Classic show in Clifton, TX. The pleasure was greatly enhanced by getting to see my 20-year-old daughter, Allison, win second place in the drawing division of the competition. It's a mother's right to brag, so I can say that Allison is an extremely talented young western artist - you can see her artwork at http://www.allisoncantrell.com/. The Conservatory Art Classic show was very impressive. I had seen the works accepted to the show online before we went (click here to see the show online), but I've got to tell you, the online images don't do a good job of reflecting the quality of this show. If you get a chance, do see this exhibit in person.

Above is my daily painting from yesterday - I should say "nightly" because I did this one last night after we returned from Texas. I'm teaching a one-day colored pencil workshop next Saturday and this was a little setup that I did in preparation for that workshop. Although I had already done the still life in colored pencil, last night I decided to do it in oils as well. It seems there should be some benefit in doing the same still life in different mediums, but as I was finishing up last night at about 11:15, after a 10 hour drive back from Texas, I just couldn't quite figure out what it was.

No comments: