Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Late Delivery

Asian Pears and Redwing Pitcher
Colored pencil, 21" x 14"
Copyright 2007 Sheila Cantrell

I think I know something of what those momma elephants must feel when they finally deliver the baby and end that two-year pregnancy. This one hasn't actually been on the drawing table for two years, but it has felt like it at times. At any rate, I finished it last night, and since I haven't painted yet this week, I thought that I'd post this colored pencil drawing. It's back to the brushes today after I take this puppy to the framer's. I have a show coming up in October and this is the last colored pencil work that I needed to go in that show. Yes - it is cutting it a little close since this is mid-September, but I work best when under pressure...

No comments: