Monday, September 10, 2007

Two for One


Chocolate/Vanilla Donut Pair

Copyright 2007 Sheila Cantrell

SOLD

I'm back from a very fun weekend in Hot Springs. My daughter (Allison) and I, along with a good friend of mine and Allison's future mother-in-law, attended the opening reception and awards ceremony of the Diamond National Juried Exhibit at the Fine Arts Center of Hot Springs. Awards were broken out into three divisions - watercolor, 3-D, and "oils and other mediums". Allison's graphite drawing "Spin to the Left" won second place in the "Oils and other" category, and my colored pencil drawing "November Roses" won first place in that same category. Needless to say that made a fun night out with the girls all the better!

Posted today are two little donut paintings that I did last Thursday. I liked the "yin and yang" idea of the chocolate and vanilla donuts, so I decided to do them similarly on two separate canvases as a little diptych and list them on ebay together.

No comments: